Langley, WA: Whidbey Island Center for the Arts (WICA) presents its third annual One-Act Fest Northwest, June 9 – 24, 2017. This year’s festival is larger and more diverse than ever, offering eight mainstage performances, three educational workshops, and three world premieres! Each mainstage performance will feature six short plays, tales which explore therealities we create and how they collide, throwing us “off kilter.” In fine Fest fashion, the results can be poignant, wacky, heartbreaking, thrilling… always fascinating.
On the Mainstage: Fridays & Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. / Sundays at 2:00 p.m.
- Dr. Fritz or: The Forces of Light, by David Ives – directed by Elizabeth Herbert
A souvenir salesman sets up a second business as a doctor. Or is it the other way round? Is the good doctor a snake oil salesman or a guide to the other side? Get your very own souvenir of the surreal.
- Trifles, by Susan Glaspell – directed by Phil Jordan
A murder investigation reveals the hidden lives of a farmhouse wife and her silent spouse. Some things are not to be trifled with.
- The Final Interrogation of Ceausescu’s Dog, by Warren Leight – directed by Phil Jordan
A revolutionary seeks justice from the dog of a deposed tyrant, but this dog is not man’s best friend.
- Lives of the Saints, by David Ives – directed by Gail Liston
Two old church ladies cook up a funeral feast, but neither can guess who’s actually coming for dinner. An old-style radio sound effects team adds spice to this not-so-solemn concoction!
- Rosa’s Eulogy, by Richard Strand – directed by Phil Jordan
A strong woman finds the lengths to which her tolerance of all God’s creatures will reach.
- Post-its® (Notes on a Marriage), by Paul Dooley &Winnie Holzman – directed by Laura Berkley Boram
This homage to Love Letters explores the moving and hilarious ups and downs of a life together.
For complete festival information and to purchase tickets, please visit the official website: www.oneactfestnw.org or call the box office at 360-221-8268.